There is an unexploited potential in highly-trained engineers who struggle to enter the Swedish job market. Skanska values diversity and the international leader program is an attempt to bring senior expertise with diverse backgrounds to our company therefore giving us a competitive advantage.
How it works
The ILP program is run by Skanska in cooperation with Arbetsförmedlingen, the Swedish public employment service. The program consists of both theoretical training and practical experience from an internship at one of our projects. The goal is for program participants to move on to permanent employment at Skanska.
The program contains the following elements:
- Introductory training to learn the basics about Skanska.
- Ten weeks of training in topics such as health and safety, production planning, construction law, and Swedish building standards provided by Yrkesakademin.
- A 17-week internship at a suitable unit within Skanska
- Leadership training at Skanska.
All program participants will be assigned a supervisor during the internship and introduced to a potential future manager.
How to apply
In order to be a qualified applicant for ILP, you must fulfill all of the criteria below:
- Be born in a country other than Sweden.
- Speak Swedish well enough to be able to take part in an interview.
- Have an engineering degree focusing on the construction industry or a degree in MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing).
- Have professional experience in the construction industry equivalent to at least three years.
- Submit your degrees, course work and certificates for assessment by the Swedish National Agency for Higher Education or the Swedish Council for Higher Education.
You apply with the help of your case officer at Arbetsförmedlingen. A group within Arbetsförmedlingen is responsible for making the initial selection and sending the applications to Skanska.
The application is open from January 13 - February 24 2020.
You apply here: https://www.recruto.se/apps/modal-window/new-candidate/jobid/30551